The FIRST text message was sent 25 years ago!
On December 3rd, 1992, which is exactly 25 years ago on Sunday, an engineer in England sent a message from his computer to his friend’s cell phone. It said “Merry Christmas.” And it was the first text message EVER.
Here are some results from a survey on where texting stands 25 years after it was invented…
1. 80% of adults and 91% of teenagers send at least one message every day.
2. Half of people say messaging has pretty much replaced ALL of their other forms of communication.
3. 67% of people text more than they did two years ago.
4. 56% of us have sent a text just using emojis, and 57% have responded to a message just using a gif.
5. And those things have crossed the final frontier, too: Old people. 77% of people over 55 use emojis, and 53% have used a gif.
Click Here to see more.